Patients can face the underlying spiritual, mental, and physical struggles that led them to seek the consolation of drugs or alcohol through yoga, acupuncture, art therapy, meditation and many other alternatives.
Holistic programs help treat the entire being, healing a person mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
Types of Holistic Care
- Organic, all-natural meal plans to improve physical health and address any nutritional deficiencies due to addiction.
- Physical activities such as biking, hiking, mountain climbing, or swimming.
- Meditation sessions and exercises, such as yoga, tai chi, or prayer sessions.
- Complementary therapy, such as massage or acupuncture.
- Scenic locations near the Pacific Ocean, Lake Mission Viejo.
- From Samsha.gov: Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction – Facts for Families and Friends
- From Nursingworld.org: Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) for Opiate Dependence—It’s Not “Giving Drugs to Drug Addicts”
- From VA.org: From VA.org Understanding PTSD and Treatments
- From PsychiatryOnline.org: Anticraving medications for relapse prevention