There are a variety of elements that determine the effectiveness of a residential and/or outpatient addiction treatment center. Among those elements, the clinical staff is absolutely the single most important factor throughout the overall rehabilitation process. From the initial interventionists to the therapists, counselors, physicians and so on, the staff must be “A-Number-One” if the facility is to truly excel in helping the clients. We invite you to take a moment and learn all about the amazing professionals behind the scenes that help make Turning Point Treatment Center, Inc. one of Orange County, California’s finest treatment facilities.
Jeff Benon – Executive Director
Experienced Executive Director with a demonstrated history of working in the health wellness and fitness industry. Skilled in Organizations, Customer Service, Coaching, Strategic Planning, and Business Development. Strong business development professional with a Associate’s degree focused in certified drug and alcohol counselor from Saddleback College.
Tori DeGroote – Executive Administrative / Program Director
Tori DeGroote has over 9 years of experience in the addiction field holding a myriad of positions from:
- Developing alumni departments and continuing care programs.
- Serving as a marketing and outreach director.
- Building community connections.
- Serving as an addiction counselor and sober coach.
- Executive Program Director, developing administrative and compliance driven programs.
She is currently undergoing mental health and addiction interventionist training as well as working on her master’s degree in Social Work. Tori currently holds a bachelor’s degree in business as well as a CATC-III/CADC-III in addictions counseling. In addition, Tori serves as a Board of Director on several non-profit groups whose mission is to provide prevention, education and resources to families who struggle with addiction. Having over 10 years of personal recovery, Tori understands what it takes to obtain long-term sobriety and is a community activist who is committed to helping others achieve freedom from addiction.
Donna Cho – RN
Donna Cho has been a Registered Nurse for over 40 years. Earned my Registered Nursing degree from Middlesex College. She received her Bachelors degree in Health Administration from Chapman University and has worked the last 8 years with behavioral health and substance abuse.
Karen Rippy – LMFT – Family Therapist
My name is Dr. Karen Rippy and I am your in-office and online therapist. I specialize in family and relationship challenges including co-parenting, teen/child counseling, couple therapy, modern addictions, discernment counseling, and divorce-related matters. I earned a doctorate in clinical psychology and am licensed as an Individual, Marriage, Child, and Family Therapist in California since 1983.
- Ph.D. In Clinical Psychology – Sierra and Claremont Graduate University
- Masters of Art – California State Univesity, Fullerton
- B.A. Psychology – California State University, Long Beach
Licenses & Certifications
- License: CA Board Behavioral Sciences: LMFT #17775
- California Assoc. Marriage Family Therapy
- Doctoral Addictions Counselor-National Forensic Association
- Anger Management Trainer / Consultant
- Disaster Mental Health First Responder-ARC trained
- Emotional Focused Therapy EFT (Tapping) and EMDR
- Lic Spiritual Practitioner United Centers of Spiritual Living
- Discernment Counseling: DRI (Alliance of Therapists, Ministers, and Lawyers for assistance with “At-Risk” marriages
- National Registry of Marriage Friendly Therapists
- Cal Victims of Crime Resource
- Wounded Warriors Participant
Robert Karlson -Certified Fitness and Nutrition Specialist
Robert Karlsson is a clinical nutritionist and health care consultant who works with local schools, community centers, and substance abuse recovery centers across Southern California. Over the past decade, his fascination with nutritional deficiencies led him to focus on depletion caused by poor diet and toxic states that prevented the body from healing or performing optimally. His techniques for healing and restoring health are easily integrated into an array of medical treatment programs.
Robert’s primary mentor was Dr. Frank Varese, M.D., a pioneer in longevity medicine who devoted his practice to finding health and wellness solutions for patients who could not find the answers they needed from their regular doctors. John was fortunate to work with Dr.Varese for six years.
Mike Kelly, Consulting DNP
- Jamie Landis RADT1 Detox / Residential Facility
- Lisa Gillette, RADT-I, Detox Tech
- Warren Taft, MD, Consulting Medical Director
- Luke Walsh, Operations Manager, RADT-1
- Nick Adelizzi, RADT-1
- Inpatient Treatment / Rehabilitation
- Alcohol Rehab
- Stimulant / Depressants Treatment
- Opiates / Narcotics Treatment
- Heroin Treatment
- Benzodiazepines Treatment
- Hallucinogens / Inhalant Treatment
- Psychiatric evaluations / Dual Diagnosis
- Dual Diagnosis disorders found in the DSM IV Manual
- Prescribe and monitor psychotherapeutic medications if needed
- Executive Treatment